This article explains how to change the keypad mode of a keypad reader in Access It!. Keypad readers are pre-formatted from the manufacturer to output a particular format, which are usually specified by the model number on the back of the reader. Access It! only supports 4 and 8 bit keypad output formats.
NOTE: 26 bit output keypad readers are NOT supported with the use of PINs.
By default the keypad mode is set to the 8 bit setting, (Motorola/Indala). To change this to the 4 bit output setting, perform the following steps:
- Edit the keypad reader
- Select the Reader Settings tab
- Set the Reader type to Proximity with Keypad
- Set the Default reader mode to Card OR PIN, Card AND PIN, or PIN Only
- Click the Edit button next to Reader Type
- Edit the assigned Reader type, (i.e. Proximity with Keypad)
- Select the Keypad tab
- In the dropdown box, select either the Motorola/Indala (8 bit) or the HID 4 bit format
- Click the OK button
- Click the Save button
This is a GLOBAL setting, which will affect all keypad readers in the system. If both 4 and 8 bit keypad readers are being used, click the New button at step 6 to create a new reader type and set the keypad mode to either HID 4 bit or Motorola/Indala (8 bit).